Walker Art Center

46° FFairVia Yahoo! Weather

Solutions for the Other 90%

Target Free Thursday Nights

Part of Design for the Other 90%

Good design shouldn’t just be for the world’s richest 10% anymore, and the Twin Cities is at the forefront of a new movement toward humanitarian design. In conjunction with the outdoor exhibition Design for the Other 90%, the Walker hosts an evening of short, rapid-fire, media-rich presentations featuring a cross section of designers working to bring sustainable solutions to the water, energy, education, health care, and transportation shortages affecting the 90 percent of the world’s population that has little or no access to these products and services. Featuring presentations from Emily Pilloton of Project H; Tom Fisher, Dean of the College of Design at the University of Minnesota; Marc Swackhamer of HouMinn Practice; Stephanie and Kelly Kinnunnen of NEED Magazine; Jeffrey Swainhart and Cassie Neu of Architecture for Humanity; Gabriel Cheifetz of 612 Authentic; Peter Rich of Microfinance Alliance; and Anne-Marie Hendrickson of Compatible Technology International. Curated by Solutions Twin Cities founders Troy Gallas and Colin Kloecker. A reception with the presenters, food, drink and live DJ follows.

This event will be webcast live and archived on the Walker Channel.

Funding

Target Free Thursday Nights sponsored by Target.