Free screenings for Walker and IFP MN members
The Film Independent Spirit Awards celebrate the finest achievements of today’s dynamic filmmakers. In advance of the awards ceremony in Los Angeles on February 27, members of the Walker and Independent Filmmaker Project MN (IFP MN) have a chance to see the nominated films in four categories: Best Feature, Best First Feature, Best Documentary, and the John Cassavetes Award. Presented for the fourth year in a row in partnership with Independent Filmmaker Project Minnesota.
Screenings are only open to Walker and IFP MN members. Free tickets are available starting at 5 pm on screening nights on a first-come, first-served basis; two tickets per membership. Please bring your membership card.
Beginning January 5, Walker Film Club and IFP MN members can reserve two free tickets in advance; ticket orders must be received by 12 noon on day of screening.
- Walker Film Club: RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612.375.7652.
- IFP MN members: RSVP at www.ifpmn.org.
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominees & Screenings
- Anomalisa, Charlie Kaufman and Duke Johnson
- Beasts of No Nation, Cary Joji Fukunaga
- Carol, Todd Haynes
- Spotlight, Tom McCarthy
- Tangerine, Sean Baker
Best First Feature
- James White, Josh Mond
- Manos sucias, Josef Kubota Wladyka
- Mediterranea, Jonas Carpignano
- Songs My Brothers Taught Me, Chloé Zhao
- The Diary of a Teenage Girl, Marielle Heller
- Best of Enemies, Robert Gordon and Morgan Neville
- Heart of a Dog, Laurie Anderson
- Meru, Jimmy Chin and Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi
- The Look of Silence, Joshua Oppenheimer
- The Russian Woodpecker, Chad Gracia
- (T)ERROR, Lyric R. Cabral and David Felix Sutcliffe
John Cassavetes Award
- Advantageous, Jennifer Phang
- Christmas, Again, Charles Poekel
- Heaven Knows What, Joshua Safdie and Benny Safdie
- Krisha, Trey Edward Shults
- Out of My Hand, Takeshi Fukunaga
Christmas Again, 6 pm
Diary of a Teenage Girl, 8 pm
Heaven Knows What, 6 pm
Anomalisa, 8 pm
Tangerine, 6 pm
Carol, 8 pm
Krisha, 6 pm
Heart of a Dog, 8 pm
The Look of Silence, 2 pm
Out of My Hand, 6 pm
Beasts of No Nation, 8 pm
Manos sucias, 6 pm
James White, 8 pm
Meru, 6 pm
Songs My Brothers Taught Me, 8 pm
Advantageous, 6 pm
Best of Enemies, 8 pm
(T)ERROR, 6 pm
Mediterranea, 8 pm
The Russian Woodpecker, 6 pm
Spotlight, 8 pm
Look for beverages and grab-and-go food outside the Walker Cinema until 8 pm. Walker members save 10 percent on dining.
Walker Film Club
Access to the Walker Film Club begins at the Contemporaries level ($175). Get advance reservations for screenings and premieres, invites to receptions with film luminaries, and more.