It’s a great time to be a member!
Members of the Walker and IFP MN are invited to free screenings of 21 films nominated for the 2017 Film Independent Spirit Awards, celebrating the finest achievements of today’s filmmakers. Exclusively for members, screenings of nominees four categories—Best Feature, Best First Feature, Best Documentary, and the John Cassavetes Award—are offered weekly in January and February. Copresented by the Walker, Film Independent, and Independent Filmmaker Project Minnesota.
Members See More
These events are only open to Walker and IFP MN members. Free tickets are available from 5 pm on screening nights on a first-come, first-served basis; two tickets per membership. Please bring your membership card.
Special Perks for Walker Film Club and IFP Members
Walker Film Club and IFP MN members can reserve two tickets in advance for each film. Please note: orders must be received by 12 noon on day of screening.
Not yet a Walker member?
Join today to receive two tickets to all 21 of the Independent Spirit Awards films at no charge, plus enjoy free gallery admission, 20% off event tickets, special invitations, and much more all year long. The Walker Film Club, at the Contemporaries level, offers premier access to advance tickets, members-only screenings, and evenings with special guests.
2017 Film Independent Spirit Award Screenings
Tuesday, January 10
Wednesday, January 11
Tuesday, January 17
- Hunter Gatherer, Josh Locy (John Cassavetes Award), 6 pm
- 13th, Ava DuVernay (Best Documentary), 8 pm
Wednesday, January 18
- Nakom, TW Pittman (John Cassavetes Award), 6 pm
- Cameraperson, Kirsten Johnson (Best Documentary), 8 pm
Sunday, January 22
- O.J.: Made in America, Ezra Edelman (Best Documentary), 11:30 am
This 8-hour film will be screened in three parts with two intermissions:
Part 1: 11:30 am
Part 2: 3 pm
Part 3: 7:15 pm
Tuesday, January 24
- Spa Night, Andrew Ahn (John Cassavettes Award), 6 pm
- Other People, Chris Kelly (Best First Feature), 8 pm
Wednesday, January 25
Tuesday, January 31
The Witch, Robert Eggers (Best First Feature), 6 pm
Swiss Army Man, Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert (Best First Feature), 8 pm
Wednesday, February 1
- The Fits, Anna Rose Holmer (Best First Feature), 6 pm
- I Am Not Your Negro, Raoul Peck (Best Documentary), 8 pm
Tuesday, February 7
Under the Sun, Vitaly Mansky (Best Documentary), 6 pm
The Childhood of a Leader, Brady Corbet (Best First Feature), 8 pm