- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
- Alphabet Series
- Robert Motherwell
- framed 38.375 × 29 × inches
- aquatint, etching, collage on paper
- Not on view
- Prints (Edition Prints/Proofs)
- Accession Number
- G from a variant edition of A‚ÄìZ
- in pencil front BR “R. Motherwell”; in pencil front BR “G” within a triangleembossed front BR “Robert Motherwell ¬©”
- Physical Description
- An aquatint form one copper plate printed in red and brown; lift-ground etching and aquatint from one coper plate printed in black; collage. Each print in the edition has a different collage element consisting of a torn fragment of a proof etching.
- in the artist’s studio Catherine Mosley
- Credit Line
- Gift of Margaret and Angus Wurtele and the Dedalus Foundation, 2000