- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
- Luftpost (Airmail)
- Joseph Beuys
- 4.5 × 6.375 × inches
- airmail envelope, ink stamp
- Not on view
- Mixed Media (Multiples)
- Accession Number
- In ink reverse UM “Joseph Beuys”; In ink reverse UM “Joseph Beuys”; “24/50”; stamped in ink front with “Hauptstrom” stamp and two other stamps; stamped in ink reverse with publisher stamp “edition tangente”
- Physical Description
- Airmail envelope with page of chemistry textbook (WAC is missing the chemistry textbook page illustrated as part of the work; see 1992 Schellmann catalogue #33). Produced during Beuys’ 50th birthday action in the Staatliche Kunstakademie, D√ºsseldorf.
- Credit Line
- Alfred and Marie Greisinger Collection, Walker Art Center, T. B. Walker Acquisition Fund, 1992