- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker web site (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
To obtain permission, or for information on slides and reproductions, please contact Loren Smith, Assistant Registrar at 612.375.7673 or email@example.com.
- Painting Version 1-90
- Joseph Beuys
- 8.25 × 10.875 × 0.625 inches
- blueprints in bound book
- Not on view
- Mixed Media (Multiples)
- Accession Number
- In pencil first page LM “Joseph Beuys”; Stamped in ink last page LR “70”
- Physical Description
- 184-page book of blueprints based on a series of 90 different paintings by Beuys. Offset text on second page: “Joseph Beuys / Painting Version 1-90 / Oil, fat, torn whole[sic], / on BFK Rives paper, 76 x 56 cm.”; “Each work has been individually / painted by the artist."Offset text on last page (p. 184?): "This book has been / hand-made of 90 blueprints / in a limited edition of / 500 signed and numbered copies.”; “© 1976 / Verlag Schellmann & Klüser / Maximilianstraße 12 / 8000 München 22 / Tel. 089/292153 / Printed by / Kunstforum, Mainz”
- Credit Line
- Alfred and Marie Greisinger Collection, Walker Art Center, T. B. Walker Acquisition Fund, 1992