- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker web site (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
To obtain permission, or for information on slides and reproductions, please contact Loren Smith, Assistant Registrar at 612.375.7673 or email@example.com.
- Painting Version 1-90
- Joseph Beuys
- 20.75 × 22 × inches
- oil paint, fat, graphite on paper
- Not on view
- Mixed Media (Multiples)
- Accession Number
- a.p. (from an edition of 90 + Xll + approx. 3 a.p.)
- In pencil front LL “Joseph Beuys”; In pencil front LL “Painting Version 93 a.p.”; in pencil reverse “2 Schafsköpfe (Loch) 1961/1975” (“2 sheep’s heads (Loch) 1961/1975”)
- Physical Description
- black oil paint on paper, with hole torn in center, handwritten additions on front and reverse. Image relates to works of 1961 in The Secret Block for a Secret Person in Ireland.
- Credit Line
- Alfred and Marie Greisinger Collection, Walker Art Center, T. B. Walker Acquisition Fund, 1992