- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
- Signs on Copper
- Robert Motherwell
- sheet 26.75 × 31.75 × inches
- aquatint, etching on paper
- Not on view
- Prints (Edition Prints/Proofs)
- Accession Number
- Artist’s Proof VI/X from an edition of 53
- in pencil front BR “RM AP VI/X”; front BR Motherwell chopmark
- Physical Description
- An aquatint from two plates (zinc and copper) printed in burnt sienna; lift ground etching and aquatint form one zinc plate printed in black.
- printed at the artist’s studio by Catherine Mousley
- Credit Line
- Gift of Margaret and Angus Wurtele and the Dedalus Foundation, 2000