- Â© Dedalus Foundation/VAGA, New York, NY
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sirens I
- Robert Motherwell
- framed 24.25 × 28.25 × inches
- etching, aquatint on paper
- Not on view
- Prints (Edition Prints/Proofs)
- Accession Number
- trial proof from an edition on 49
- in pencil front BR “RM”; in pencil front BR “Trial”
- Physical Description
- Aquatint from one copper plate printed in yellow; lift-ground etching and aquatint from on ecopper plate printed in black; soft-ground etching from one zinc plate printed in black. The black plate is the same as used in Belknap 383.
- in the artist’s studio by Catherine Mosley
- Credit Line
- Gift of Margaret and Angus Wurtele and the Dedalus Foundation, 2000