- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker web site (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
To obtain permission, or for information on slides and reproductions, please contact Loren Smith, Assistant Registrar at 612.375.7673 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Red Queen
- Robert Motherwell
- unframed 31.5 × 25.125 × inches
- etching, aquatint, collage on paper
- Not on view
- Prints (Edition Prints/Proofs)
- Accession Number
- AP IV/X from an edition of 40
- in pencil front BL “RM AP IV/X”; front BR Motherwell chopmark
- Physical Description
- An aquatint from one copper plate printed in red; lift-ground etching and aquatint from one copper plate printed in black; The collage element is a lift-ground etching and aquatint from two plates printed in dark red and black on German Etching paper.
- in the artist’s studio by Catherine Mosley
- Credit Line
- Gift of Margaret and Angus Wurtele and the Dedalus Foundation, 2000