Walker Art Center is seeking qualified Lead Visitor Services Associates (multiple openings) to guide and assist Visitor Services Associates as well as direct onsite operations for the Walker’s Artist-Designed Mini Golf program in the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
Responsibilities will include:
- Be point person for Visitor Services Associates and oversee daily mini golf operations.
- Perform all necessary opening and close procedures.
- Work within our customer service software system (Tessitura) to facilitate daily transactions such as ticketing and box office.
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests assuring everyone who visits feels welcomed and included. Create a highly positive experience for guests that result in repeat visits, becoming a Walker member, and excellent word of mouth for the institution.
- Respond to requests and resolve general complaints from guests.
- Provide guests with information about the building, events and exhibitions. Stay abreast of current and upcoming exhibitions, films, performances and educational programs.
- Help maintain mini golf inventory of printed information and marketing materials,
- Ensure signage and guest information is properly placed.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and communications skills required.
- Must have prior cash handling experience.
- Must be available to work weekdays, weekends, evenings and holiday periods.
- Proven ability to problem-solve in a quick and resourceful manner and take initiative.
- Ability to multi-task gracefully.
- Enthusiasm and talent for working with a wide range of personalities and people across a variety of generations.
- A willing attitude and positive demeanor.
- $13.75/hour; museum discounts and membership
- Part-time, Temporary, Contracted through CSBS
- Duration: Late May 2017 – October 2017
- 20-30 hours /week
For Consideration, please email a letter of interest, resume and 3 professional references to email@example.com. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.
In striving for a more inclusive and diverse team, people of color, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas and knowledge are strongly encouraged to apply. Walker Art Center is a proud and committed EEO/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.