Walker Art Center is seeking Mini-Golf Associates (multiple openings) for our Artist-Designed Mini Golf this summer. The Walker places the highest priority on establishing a warm and welcoming environment for all who visit this remarkable institution. Mini Golf Associates will help assure all guests have a positive experience on the mini golf course.
RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Distribute clubs, balls and scorecards to guests and ensure smooth transitions throughout the day of mini golf operations on the terraces.
- Check tickets for entry and provide exiting direction to mini golf guests.
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests assuring everyone who visits feels welcomed and included. Create a highly positive experience for guests resulting in repeat visitation, membership conversion, and excellent word of mouth for the institution.
- Proactively and warmly welcome guests, respond to questions, and offer guidance.
- Resolve general complaints from guests and members on site.
- Provide general program and facility information for guests.
- Stay abreast of current and upcoming exhibitions, films, performances, educational programs, and marketing campaigns.
- Help maintain mini golf inventory of printed information and marketing materials; ensures signage is properly placed.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and communications skills required.
- Must be available to work weekdays, weekends, evenings and holiday periods.
- Proven ability to problem-solve in a quick and resourceful manner and take initiative.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Enthusiasm and talent for working with a wide range of personalities and people across a variety of generations.
- A willing attitude and positive demeanor
- $10.25/hour; museum discounts and membership
- Part-time, Temporary, Contracted through CSBS
- Duration: Late May 2017 – October 2017
- 20-30 hours /week
For Consideration, please email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.
In striving for a more inclusive and diverse team, people of color, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas and knowledge are strongly encouraged to apply. Walker Art Center is a proud and committed EEO/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.