Walker Art Center is seeking a qualified Special Event Assistant to assist with the planning and execution of all events associated with Walker’s Garden Weekend for Visiting Artists and Guests. This event weekend, which occurs September 8-10th, will consist of invitation-only events for out-of-town colleagues, collectors and other friends of Walker to celebrate the opening of the newly-renovated Walker Art Center and Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work within database to track RSVPs and manage constituent information and communication
- Respond to and follow up with all guest inquiries
- Facilitate communication internally around weekend events
- Assist with event management and implementation on the days of the events.
- Perform other administrative duties such as data entry and mailing preparation for Visual Arts as needed.
- Compensation $16.00/hour
- Duration April through September (5 months).
- 7 hours per week through June; 10-15 hours per week from July through September; Additional hours necessary Sept 4th-10th.
- Museum discounts, Walker membership, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals as well as support some remarkable artists, events, and programming.
- This work is contracted through Common Sense Building Services (CSBS); these positions are not directly employed through the Walker Art Center.
- Experience working in constituent-tracking databases desired. Experience tracking RSVPs in Tessitura highly preferred.
- Experience in event planning and/or event coordination preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong ability to work independently. Ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
For Consideration, please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. Priority given to applications received by March 31, 2017.
In striving for a more inclusive and diverse team, people of color, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas and knowledge are strongly encouraged to apply. Walker Art Center is a proud and committed EEO/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.