- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amerikanischer Hasenzucker (American Hare Sugar)
- Joseph Beuys
- see element sizes 1/16 inches
- offset lithograph on paper, packet of sugar, cotton wool, cardboard box, ink stamps
- Not on view
- Mixed Media (Multiples)
- Accession Number
- 7/40 (from an edition of 40 + XV)
- In pencil box bottom “Joseph Beuys”; in pen, reverse of sugar bag “Joseph Beuys”; in pencil, left of lithograph “Joseph Beuys”; In ink stamped on front of sugar pack “HAUPTSTROM”; in ink, stamped LL of lithograph “HAUPSTROM”; in pencil, left of lithograph “Amerikanischer Hasenzucker” ; in pencil box bottom “7/40”; in pencil, left of lithograph “7/40”
- Physical Description
- Color lithograph of hare; sugar packet with illustration of hare in cardboard box, packed with cotton wool.
- Credit Line
- Alfred and Marie Greisinger Collection, Walker Art Center, T. B. Walker Acquisition Fund, 1992