- Â© Dedalus Foundation/VAGA, New York, NY
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
- Automatism Elegy (State I White)
- Robert Motherwell
- unframed 17-¾ × 22 inches
- lithograph on paper
- Not on view
- Prints (Edition Prints/Proofs)
- Accession Number
- Artist’s proof IV/VIII from an edition of 40
- in pencil front BR “RM AP IV/VIII”
- Physical Description
- A lithograph form one aluminum plate printe in black with a blind plate mark the exact size of the image. Identical image to Belknap 238.
- Derriere L'Etoile Studios, New York by Maurice Sanchez and Arnold Brooks
- Credit Line
- Gift of Margaret and Angus Wurtele and the Dedalus Foundation, 2000