- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Breaker Boy of Shenandoah, Pa.
- George Luks
- unframed 30.25 × 25.125 × 1.5 inches
- oil on canvas
- Not on view
- Paintings (Paintings)
- Accession Number
- in red paint on front in LL"George Luks"; none visible back covered
- Physical Description
- Portrait of a young working man in repose, wearing a hat with a candle light. The details of the face are understated and rough.
- Credit Line
- Gift of the T. B. Walker Foundation, 1949
- Object Copyright
- Copyright retained by the artist