- 2011.138.1-.37 Merce Cunningham Dance Company in BIPED, 1999. Â©Johan Elbers.
- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
- costumes for BIPED
- Suzanne Gallo
- see element description
- Spandex unitards with a variety of leg lengths, sheer kimono-style tops, sheer pants
- Not on view
- Accession Number
- .1 CA; .2 Ash; .3 RS; .4 DSq; .5 KM; .6 JB; .7 JS; .8 MK; .9 JF; .10 JG; .11 HF; .12 PC; .13 LB; .14 CT; .15 DS; .18 JG; .19 MT; .20 KN; .21 JS (MF); .22 ED; .23 AW; .24 JC; .25 MM; .26 KM; .27 BC; .28 DM; .29 DSq; .30 RM; .31 JB; .32 RM; .33 KM; .34 DSq; .35 BC; .36 DM; .37 JB;
- Physical Description
- COSTUMES: Black spandex unitards with iridescent sparkled dot texture. Unitards in a variety of leg lengths and strap thickeness and shape configurations. Shiny gray sheer kimono tops and gray sheer loose-fitting drawnstring pants. FIRST PERFORMANCE: Zellerbach Hall, Berkeley, CA; April 23, 1999 FIRST NY PERFORMANCE: New York State Theater; July 21, 2000 ORIGINAL CAST: Lisa Boudreau, Thomas Caley, Holley Farmer, Maydelle Fason, Jean Freebury, David Kulick, Matthew Mohr, Banu Ogan, Glen Rumsey, Daniel Squire, Jeannie Steele, Derry Swan, Robert Swinston, Cheryl Therrien MUSIC: Gavin Bryars; BIPED DECOR: Shelley Eshkar and Paul Kaiser; Biped LIGHTING: Aaron Copp
- Credit Line
- Walker Art Center, Merce Cunningham Dance Company Collection, Gift of Jay F. Ecklund, the Barnett and Annalee Newman Foundation, Agnes Gund, Russell Cowles and Josine Peters, the Hayes Fund of HRK Foundation, Dorothy Lichtenstein, MAHADH Fund of HRK Foundation, Goodale Family Foundation, Marion Stroud Swingle, David Teiger, Kathleen Fluegel, Barbara G. Pine, and the T. B. Walker Acquisition Fund, 2011
- Object Copyright
- Copyright retained by the artist