- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker web site (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
To obtain permission, or for information on slides and reproductions, please contact Loren Smith, Assistant Registrar at 612.375.7673 or email@example.com.
- Grüne Geige (Green Violin)
- Joseph Beuys, Henning Christiansen
- 24 × 8.5 × 3.75 inches
- painted violin, ink stamp
- Not on view
- Mixed Media (Multiples)
- Accession Number
- 24 unnumbered
- Stamped in ink with “FLUXUS ZONE WEST” stamp
- Physical Description
- Green-painted violin, based on an “Action Object” from the Fluxus concert “oder sollen wir es verändern” by Beuys and Christiansen at the Städtischen Museum Mönchengladbach, March 27, 1969. Appeared in a crate “Two Fluxus Objects” with Telephon S————-E [ backward E] (Telephone S————-R [backward R]) WAC acc. # 92.396.
- Credit Line
- Alfred and Marie Greisinger Collection, Walker Art Center, T. B. Walker Acquisition Fund, 1992