All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
- GrâÂºne Geige (Green Violin)
- Joseph Beuys, Henning Christiansen
- 24 × 8.5 × 3.75 inches
- painted violin, ink stamp
- Not on view
- Mixed Media (Multiples)
- Accession Number
- 24 unnumbered
- Stamped in ink with “FLUXUS ZONE WEST” stamp
- Physical Description
- Green-painted violin, based on an “Action Object” from the Fluxus concert “oder sollen wir es ver√§ndern” by Beuys and Christiansen at the St√§dtischen Museum M√∂nchengladbach, March 27, 1969. Appeared in a crate “Two Fluxus Objects” with Telephon S————-E [ backward E] (Telephone S————-R [backward R]) WAC acc. # 92.396.
- Credit Line
- Alfred and Marie Greisinger Collection, Walker Art Center, T. B. Walker Acquisition Fund, 1992