- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker web site (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
To obtain permission, or for information on slides and reproductions, please contact Loren Smith, Assistant Registrar at 612.375.7673 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gulo borealis
- Joseph Beuys
- 12 × 8.25 × inches
- ink, graphite on writing paper
- Not on view
- Mixed Media (Multiples)
- Accession Number
- In pencil reverse UM “Joseph Beuys / Wenzel Beuys”; In pencil front UM “gulo borealis”; “gulo borealis” [both phrases begin and end with scroll-like symbols; the top phrase is in Joseph Beuys’s hand; lower one was written by his son, Wenzeslaus]
- Physical Description
- Appeared as part of edition “en bloc”, cabinet with objects by various artists. (Literal translation of gulo borealis: “the glutton from the north”)
- Credit Line
- Alfred and Marie Greisinger Collection, Walker Art Center, T. B. Walker Acquisition Fund, 1992