- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
- Gulo borealis
- Joseph Beuys
- 12 × 8.25 × inches
- ink, graphite on writing paper
- Not on view
- Mixed Media (Multiples)
- Accession Number
- In pencil reverse UM “Joseph Beuys / Wenzel Beuys”; In pencil front UM “gulo borealis”; “gulo borealis” [both phrases begin and end with scroll-like symbols; the top phrase is in Joseph Beuys’s hand; lower one was written by his son, Wenzeslaus]
- Physical Description
- Appeared as part of edition “en bloc”, cabinet with objects by various artists. (Literal translation of gulo borealis: “the glutton from the north”)
- Credit Line
- Alfred and Marie Greisinger Collection, Walker Art Center, T. B. Walker Acquisition Fund, 1992