- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
- Ich versuche Dich freizulassen (machen) (I Am Trying to Set [Make] You Free)
- Joseph Beuys
- 1.875 × 4.25 × inches
- admission ticket, stamped
- Not on view
- Mixed Media (Multiples)
- Accession Number
- In pencil front UM “Joseph Beuys”; reverse M “Joseph Beuys”; In pencil front LR “7/14”; reverse M “Joseph Beuys/Edition Dr. Ulbricht”
- Physical Description
- Entrance card to a Fluxus concert of the same name as title of work. Concert was given by Beuys and Henning Christiansen at the Berlin Akademie der K√ºnste on February 27, 1969. The edition was made by Beuys on the occasion of several exhibitions of the complete collection of multiples belonging to Dr. Ulbricht. WAC’s edition, 7/14, is not stamped.
- Credit Line
- Alfred and Marie Greisinger Collection, Walker Art Center, T. B. Walker Acquisition Fund, 1992