- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
- Marsden Hartley
- unframed 36 × 20 × 0.125 inches
- oil on Masonite
- Not on view
- Paintings (Paintings)
- Accession Number
- unsigned; all reverse: TR corner in ink a C-15590 surrounded by rectangle TC in chalk 3626-1 UL in ink “This is a opainting by my life-long friend, Mardsen Hartley, and is registered with the council for American Art Research, the Whitney Museum. Carl Springhorn Oct. 6 -1956UR in ink "I have known this painting by Marsden Hartley since 1944. When I selected the show for the Museum of Modern Art. Hudson D. Walker May 13, 1959
- Physical Description
- stack of masks all with different faces and expressions.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Joshua B. Cahn, New York, 1973
- Object Copyright
- Copyright retained by the artist