- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Nehmt was ihr kriegen könnt!” (“Take What You Can Get!”)
- Joseph Beuys
- 11-¾ × 8-¼ inches
- offset lithograph, ink, ink stamp on paper
- Not on view
- Mixed Media (Multiples)
- Accession Number
- In ink front LR “Joseph Beuys”; In ink front R “7/300”; front M “Nehmt was ihr kriegen könnt!”; front LR “Joseph Beuys”; stamped in ink front M with “Hauptstrom” stamp; stamped in ink LM with “edition staeck” stamp
- Physical Description
- The idea for the print came during the permanent political office in documenta 5 at Kassel when Beuys wrote the above sentence (in relation to the capitalist system) on a blackboard.
- Credit Line
- Alfred and Marie Greisinger Collection, Walker Art Center, T. B. Walker Acquisition Fund, 1992