Collections Browse Schieferpinselrassel (Rasselpinselschieferstaub) (Shalebrushrattle [Rattlebrushshaledust])
- Courtesy Walker Art Center
- © Estate of Sigmar Polke / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York / VG Bild-Kunst, Bonn, Germany
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schieferpinselrassel (Rasselpinselschieferstaub) (Shalebrushrattle [Rattlebrushshaledust])
- Sigmar Polke
- rattle 4 × 16-½ × 4 inches
- brush, glass bulb, twine, oil shale, felt, wooden box
- Not on view
- Mixed Media (Multiples)
- Accession Number
- on label attached to .2 box lid, in blue ink “Sigmar Polke”; on label attached to .2 box lid, in blue ink “8/20”
- Physical Description
- A rattle constructed of a paint brush with a large glass globe containing shards of shale attached over the bristles.
- Credit Line
- T. B. Walker Acquisition Fund and McKnight Acquisition Fund, 2007