- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker web site (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
To obtain permission, or for information on slides and reproductions, please contact Loren Smith, Assistant Registrar at 612.375.7673 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Silberbesen und Besen ohne Haare (Silver Broom and Broom without Bristles)
- Joseph Beuys
- .1-.2 assembled silver broom 55.5 × 20 × 2 inches
- wooden broom with silver casing, copper, felt
- Not on view
- Mixed Media (Multiples)
- Accession Number
- 8/20 (from an edition of 20 + IV)
- N.A.; engraved on broom head “JOSEPH BEUYS/ BESEN 1 1972/ EDITION BLOCK/ BERLIN/ 8/20”
- Physical Description
- Wooden broom with silver casing, and copper broom handle and head, with felt underlay. Both brooms relate to the action “Sweep Up” on May Day 1972 in the Karl Marx Square, Berlin.
- Credit Line
- Alfred and Marie Greisinger Collection, Walker Art Center, T. B. Walker Acquisition Fund, 1992