- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
- Teatro greco Taormina-Sicilia from the von Gloeden Postcards series
- Joseph Beuys
- 5.5 × 3.5 × inches
- offset lithograph, graphite on paper
- Not on view
- Mixed Media (Multiples)
- Accession Number
- XII/X A.P.
- In pencil front LR “Joseph Beuys”; In pencil front UR “Essenza IV”; LR “a.p. XII/X”; other penciled marks and notations [Beuys’s “drawing” of the “Hauptstrom” ink stamp]
- Physical Description
- from von Gloeden Postcards, a series of 13 Italian postcards with photographs by Baron von Gloeden (1856-1931), to which Beuys has made handwritten additions. (On these postcards Beuys made whimsical drawings of the “Hauptstrom stamp” in pencil, rather than using the actual “Hauptstrom” ink stamp.) Walker has only 11 of the postcards (acc. # 92.284.1‚Äì.11); “Amicizia” and Maria are missing.
- Credit Line
- Alfred and Marie Greisinger Collection, Walker Art Center, T. B. Walker Acquisition Fund, 1992