- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
- The Shores of Light
- Buffie Johnson
- unframed 14.875 × 47.875 × 0.75 inches
- oil on canvas
- Not on view
- Paintings (Paintings)
- Accession Number
- Front LRC “Buffie Johnson”; reverse LL"The Shores of Light (II) 1954" LC signed “Buffie Johnson” TC stretcher bar “Haut” TR in red 57-4
- Physical Description
- Blue and Black biomorphic forms spatter painted with white, yellow, red, and green paint.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Nat Hiken1957
- Object Copyright
- Copyright retained by the artist