- Courtesy Walker Art Center
All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the Walker website (walkerart.org) is for noncommercial, educational, journalistic and/or personal use only. Any commercial use or republication is strictly prohibited. Copying, redistribution, or exploitation for personal or corporate gain is not permitted.
For information on the use of reproductions for publishing and/or commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VI aus Zeichen aus dem Braunraum (VI from Signs from the Brown Space)
- Joseph Beuys
- 4-¼ × 5-7/8 inches
- offset lithograph on paper
- Not on view
- Mixed Media (Multiples)
- Accession Number
- unlimited ?
- In ink front UR “Joseph Beuys”
- Physical Description
- one of six postcards (acc. #92.299.1–.6) based on 6 of the 8 screenprint images reproduced in the 1992 Schellmann cat. as #515–522, Zeichen aus dem Braunraum, signs conceived for handpainted additions to 3 Ton Edition. Printed on reverse UL corner of acc. #92.299.5: “Originalgrafik • Serie D / Nr. 15 044 Joseph Beuys (1984) / Zeichen aus dem Braunraum VI”. Publisher info in LL corner on reverse. (See also acc. #92.314.1–.7, another set of Zeichen aus dem Braunraum postcards, including title card; #92.299.1–.6 does not include a title card)
- Credit Line
- Alfred and Marie Greisinger Collection, Walker Art Center, T. B. Walker Acquisition Fund, 1992