Organized on the principle that there’s much more to a film experience than simply watching movies on the big screen, the Walker Film Society provides deeper access to the stories and creative talent behind the art of filmmaking.
The Waller Film Society offers premier access to advance tickets, members-only screenings, and evenings with special guests following premieres and dialogues at the Walker.
Event invitations are extended to all Walker members at the $175 Contemporaries level and above, with benefits increasing at the $250 Contributing, $2,000 Patrons’ Circle, and again at the $10,000 Director’s Circle giving levels.
Some recent Walker Film Society events have included:
- A regional premiere of Frances Ha and a dialogue and reception with director Noah Baumbach
- A regional premiere screening of Benh Zeitlin’s Beasts of the Southern Wild and a reception
- A pre-reception event with Harry Belafonte, before his dialogue with Scott Foundas
- A regional premiere screening of Wim Wenders’ Pina in 3-D and a reception
- A regional premiere screening of Terrence Mallick’s Tree of Life and a reception with actress Jessica Chastain and producer Bill Pohlad
- A regional premiere screening of Meek’s Cutoff and a reception with director Kelly Reichardt and producer Todd Haynes
- A reception with Julian Schnabel, following his dialogue in the Walker Cinema
Walker Film Society Co-chairs
- Elizabeth Redleaf, Werc Werk Works
- Bill Pohlad, River Road Entertainment
For more information about the Walker Film Society, please contact 612.375.7641 or email@example.com.